If you know me, you know I love a good lip gloss. I rarely find one I don’t like, but sometimes, some are too sticky, some are too slick, some don’t have staying power with their color. I’d like to introduce you to the Goldilocks of lip color, these are juuuuuuust right!
My last blog post featured Greek Goddess Lashes. (Please don’t look at the date, because that tells you how long I’ve gone between posts. Sorry, not sorry. I’m busy writing novels!) Since that post, the Owner, CEO, and overall Goddess herself, Loula V has been busy adding to her collection with apparel and now lip gloss.
I can’t tell you how excited I was to learn that she added gloss to the brand. I’m also very grateful because my lovely sister gifted me with the three shades as an early birthday gift. I could go on and on about my love of all things beauty, but let’s skip that and get right into the shades.
First up, Rhodes. In the tube it looks like the perfect neutral peach. On your lips, it’s a pretty pop of color. Not too bright, but not too sheer. Looks great on its own or as a top layer to your favorite nude lipstick. Bright and juicy, but not overbearing. This color embodies summer. Fun and full of life!
The next color is Mykonos. What a gorgeous shade of hot pink. Like Rhodes, not too bright, but not too sheer. It has a really pretty shimmer to it and again looks great alone, or as a final coat to your lipstick. I’d apply this one on top of a bright pink lipstick for an added layer of dimension.
Last, but certainly not least, Santorini. I not only love this shade because the name is a travel destination on my bucket list, but this one is my favorite. Don’t let the tube fool you. It may look like a frosty pink, but when you put it on, it’s soft with a subtle shimmer.
I’m in love with all of these colors and if you love gloss as much as I do, you are going to love these lip colors. Fingers crossed that more colors are on the horizon. I’ll update you all, for sure! They are elegant and luxurious without the sticker shock of some glosses. The packaging of Greek Goddess Lashes is luxurious, so I wasn’t surprised to see the packaging of the lip gloss was just as beautiful. 5 stars… Hands-down an amazing product! Check them out at greekgoddesslashes.com I’m confident you’ll love them as much as I do.
Let me know what you think! As always, You’ve Been Beautified!
Hello, and welcome to my next beauty interview. I had the pleasure of speaking with the CEO of Greek Goddess Lashes, Loula V.
I met Loula in January, in Miami at a wonderful conference, where I got to hear her speak about her passion for her products.
In addition to creating this awesome line of lashes, Loula is also a recording artist. I got to see her perform her single, Champagne Showers, in Miami. Great, catchy song!
I was excited that Loula was up for an interview, and she was happy to answer the questions I emailed to her.
Take a break from whatever it is you’re doing right now, and read on to learn a little bit more about Loula and her Greek Goddess Lashes!
Tell us about yourself. Your background in the beauty industry, etc.
My name is Spiridoula aka Loula and I am born and raised in Greece. It’s hard for some people to say my full name so I had to make it short and cute! I moved to the US when I was 10 years old. I found myself always admiring the models on the covers of the magazines. I just fell in love with beauty instantly… makeup looks in general and the way they posed intrigued me. I started using makeup when I was around 12 years old. My dad was strict with not wearing so much of it so I started with lip gloss and mascara! I would do my mom’s and sister’s makeup, do facial masks, tweeze their brows, put lashes on… the whole works! Even my dad still to this day loves his eyebrows tweezed! Hehe! I loved beauty and making them feel good because then it made me feel good in return. After finishing high school, I had the passion to get my esthetician and makeup license because that was a great way for me to get into jobs with salons, cosmetic retail stores, etc. After I received my license, my focus was more on makeup rather than facials. I had jobs from Victoria’s Secret, to Estee Lauder, Lancôme, working with hair stylists and doing makeup for clients to now working for Anastasia Beverly Hills.
When did Greek Goddess Lashes first come out? I knew I wanted to create something on my own, something that I would feel proud of, and wanted to create my “baby” beauty line so I came up with the idea of lashes in the beginning of 2019.
When you decided to create your own product line, why did you choose lashes? Since people get to zoom in so much on what products I’m using on my face while I’m working with them, one question that would pop up on a regular basis was “What lashes are you wearing?” and my answer was these are my own natural lashes I’m not wearing anything besides mascara! Haha! Their response was “Oh wow I can’t believe it , it’s probably because you’re Greek and everyone from Greece has beautiful hair and lashes.” Or “OMG I hate you, I want your long lashes you’re so lucky!” So with all those things said, it made me brainstorm some business ideas.
What are your best tips for application/removal? Any secrets you can share for either step? The best tip is that the strip should start where your natural bulk of eyelashes begin, if you start too close to the inner corner it will irritate your eyes. To mark where your strip lashes should end, go to the outer corner and count 2-4 lashes inwards. If you have them hanging over, it can pull the eyes down and make your eyes feel uncomfortable. The best way to remove them is to soak a cotton pad in an oil-based makeup remover or coconut, baby, or olive oil. Hold the cotton pad over your closed eye for 20 seconds to loosen the glue. Trust me it’s worth the step… this way you can protect your natural lashes. Repeat as necessary until the lash strip loosens enough to lift away without pulling your the skin. And voila! Since they are reusable, they can be worn up to 20 times depending on how well you take care of them. One of the ways you can clean them is: Soak a cotton ball in makeup remover and gently swab it from the tip of the lashes to the ends to remove glue and makeup residue. Then, turn the lashes over and use a fresh cotton swab soaked in makeup remover to wipe down the other side. Then take a reusable eyelash brush (you can find them on Amazon) and comb them through. Then an important last step is to clean them down with rubbing alcohol. This way they are super clean and bacteria free. Let them dry and store them back in their case. I know for some it can be too many steps but these are great for using them again. If you don’t feel like cleaning them we are a click away to receiving some fresh new lashes to your doorstep!
Does Greek Goddess Lashes have any new products on the horizon? Yes we have a product coming out, which I’m excited about! My first eyelash glue was latex -free which is perfect for people who have sensitive eyes, watery eyes or are allergic to latex. I wanted to create a regular glue for people who don’t have sensitive eyes. It is more durable and dries quicker. I’m excited that we can add regular adhesive as an option as well! Be on the look out sometime in April!
The packaging is beautiful, very high-end, luxury. It’s honestly the first thing I noticed from the gift bags to the boxes the lashes come in. Can you tell us about the process of deciding on packaging and how involved you were in that process?
Thank you so much for loving the packaging. That was very important to me because I made sure it was a reflection of what Greek beauty represented. I wanted to incorporate the ancient Greek background with the goddesses, white marble columns, gold wreath accessories in their hair… you get the picture! I was very involved with every detail, intensity of color and size of the box, down to the hot press font. I spent hours choosing the best fit and going back and forth to make sure I was satisfied with the overall look.
The lashes come in 7 styles. I chose this number because it represents completion. Hey! And who doesn’t want more than one pair in their makeup drawer? This way you can wear a different style of the week if you want to! That’s right, Goddess! They vary from a natural look to 3D volume, this way we can cater to everyone’s preference look. I also want to mention that they are cruelty- free because I don’t believe it’s right in making mink animals suffer to use for our lashes! I won’t go into detail but as I was researching it was disturbing to know what they do to them. That’s why my packaging says “Cruelty-Free and Made With Love” which puts me at ease!
My packaging bag is so lovely because I didn’t want a plain bag that can be easily thrown out. This bag represents the brand as a whole. I wanted it to attract the eye when you see people carrying them at events, or gifting them! The logo itself is catchy “Which Greek Goddess Are you?” The 7 goddess names I chose were Aphrodite, Athena, Harmonia, Hera, Artemis, Iris and Alectrona. The website can be found in the back so people can easily find us! The gold rope is what sealed the deal. As you hold it, it just makes you feel “luxury” and that’s what it’s about. You should feel luxurious because you are worth it! Making women feel even more stunning and beautiful is my motive. Whether you just want to add more volume to your own lashes or making cancer survivors feel pretty again after losing their own lashes is what matters to me!
Can we find Greek Goddess Lashes in any stores, or are they on your website only?
Greek Goddess Lashes can be found online at Greekgoddesslashes.com or on Instagram @greekgoddess_lashes . There are also a few local salons (In the Miami area) that carry them. I’m also currently working on a collaboration with a few others so I’m really excited about that!
Besides your own, what are some of your favorite beauty products?
My new favorite beauty products are from Deluge cosmetics. Their Argan & Collagen Oil for the face is great! Since I have oily skin I apply it at night and it absorbs into my skin well, not leaving it greasy. I love how it makes my skin feel! And when it comes to body I absolutely love their Coffee Scrub! Great for cellulite, firms skin, hydrates skin and smells so yummy! Another favorite beauty product that I absolutely love is the new liquid liner from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I’m very picky with the brush so this liquid liner is exactly what I like! It has a felt tip, it’s waterproof and dries matte!
My favorite question to ask everyone I interview, because each answer is so unique… What’s in your makeup bag? Dump that sucker out and tell us everything!
Oh, my lord! The bigger the makeup bag the more I stuff it with! I have so many but I’ll start with the smallest one. I have lip liners and lipsticks from Charlotte Tillbury, MAC lipsticks and gloss. Mascara from Chanel. Can’t forget about my bronzer from Guerlain and my highlighter from Becca! And of course a few brushes from Morphe. We all need tweezers and a pencil sharpener!
Another favorite question… you’re on a desert island and can only have 3 products with you, besides sunscreen. What are they?
Oh, my… only 3? Hehe! Ok so it would have to be Mario Badescu Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater which is so refreshing and keeps me hydrated. Secondly it would have to be the lip treatment from FRESH. Keeps my lips hydrated and soft. And thirdly it would have to be a lip gloss! Who doesn’t want to still feel pretty!
I’m a big fragrance lover! How about you? Any favorites? Do you stick to just one? If so, which one?
I’m a HUGE fragrance lover!!! I have so many because I always love smelling good and different all the time. I actually like to mix them as well! A few to name are Maison Margiela “Lemon tree”, Le Labo “Santal 33”, Bond 9 “New York Oud”, Valentino “Born in Roma, Clive Christian “Rock Rose”. Trish McEvoy “100”. So many to name!
Along with creating these amazing lashes, you’re also a recording artist. I had the pleasure of seeing you perform one of your songs at the VIP World Conference in Miami. I get Champagne Showers in my head, a lot. Fun song! Tell us about your music and where we can find you!
So glad to hear that! It’s really a catchy and fun song! Glad you were there to witness it at the World Conference that was hosted by my friend and fitness coach Jennifer Nicole Lee. That woman is my angel! My music can be found on iTunes, Spotify and other major platforms. I’m currently working on my EP and can’t wait to share it with the world. I have been on features with Latin artists Gerry Capo, Elegante and Richy West. When I first moved to the states, Latin music gravitated me aside from Greek music. Love the reggaeton music because it makes you want to dance! My artist name goes by “Loula V”. The letter V stands for Versatile because I have a variety of music that I’m working on currently from Pop, International, and R&B .
What advice would you give to someone who wants to start their own product line?
My advice is always start what you’re passionate about, to never focus on money or competition because the money will flow in when you love your brand with a purpose. Do your research, don’t hesitate to reach out to people that already have successfully put their brand out. Choose the right people to get advice from. And lastly, just have fun with it along the way!
This was fun, getting to know more about Loula and Greek Goddess Lashes. I’ve tried them and I love them. You should try them, too! Go check out her single on YouTube!
If you want to be featured as an interview on my blog, leave me a reply! I’m always looking to learn about new brands and get to know people.
When I started this blog over 10 years ago, one thing I always wanted to do, but never had the chance, was interview people! I was interested in talking to models, makeup artists, product developers, photographers, and other beauty addicts, much like myself. At the top of my list to interview was Fitness Expert Jennifer Nicole Lee! I’ve been following her career for years, and over the past year, she and I have had a chance to connect and get to know each other. She’s created this amazing VIP group on Facebook that’s full of women from all walks of life. I recently attended her world conference and it was truly amazing! More on that in a future post.
Always, always follow your dreams. I wasn’t sure if Jennifer would be as excited as I was about the possibility of collaborating to do this interview, but she was!
All you have to do is ask! Some of this interview took place over the phone, but most of it was done via email. We’re hoping to team up again in the near future either in person or on a video chat to share with all of you.
This was a lot of fun, coming up with these questions, and even more fun to read her answers! Read on, and enjoy!!
1. You have naturally curly hair. What’s your secret/process to straightening your hair? I know how hard it can be to get it so smooth on that texture. Do you use a certain product, or is there a salon treatment that you get for lasting smoothness? Both! Heehee! I live in Miami, so with this humidity I need all the help I can get. I love Deluge shampoo, conditioner. My faves are the Argon Oil shampoo & conditioner. I am obsessed with their Mask, I use it every wash, even though it’s a mask. Just a touch at the end to seal in all the moisture. I also did a treatment called “The Apple Stem Cell” to make my hair smoother & shinier. Its not a Keratin Brazilian blow out treatment that can harm the hair. It actually is an anti-aging hair treatment to help it be stronger, grow longer and be shinier and more controllable.
2. To clarify, you’re not getting paid to endorse any of these products, but I’d like to know and I think others would like to know, what products you can’t live without. Love this question. One of our VIP sistas Andreea in Austria gifted me with an Hour Glass Highligher palette. I kid you not, I use it every day! On my cheeks and lids. It’s the Ambient Strobe Light Palette. I am also in love with the Natasha Denona Beauty Eye Shadow Palette! The Metropolis Palette is so bold! I also love the Gold Palette, great for brown eyes, as the greens in the palette make your eyes look like hazel. I swear by Katie B Cosmetics for her foundation and her Green Tea Mineral Baked powder. Been wearing those for years! I’m also in love with Tatcha Primer. It’s a little thick, so I blend it with one pump of Lancome La Base, to make it a little more pliable. That combo seals in my face from the humidity here in Miami. Its sweat and humidity proof!
3. Let’s play Survivor. You are going to a remote island and you can only take 3 beauty products with you. What are they? Besides sunscreen, of course. Great question. I love the Deluge Firm My Figure scrub, as it’s a 2 in one: exfoliant for face and body, and also a moisturizer. I would then of course do the Deluge Hair Mask. Not selling or plugging, I really love their products. And gotta look cute, so a super glossy fuchsia lip gloss that screams “tropical paradise”, my fave is Rimmel Stay Glossy 6 Hour Gloss in the color Candy Floss
4. How old were you when you first started wearing makeup? Who taught you to apply it? TRUE STORY! I have two older sisters. My earliest memory of makeup is that my two oldest sisters put makeup on me for my first day at Kindergarten! I remember it clearly! I’m laughing now, but something didn’t feel right when I went to my first day at the big elementary school and all eyes where on me. Couldn’t figure out why I was getting all of the stark stares, but now I know! I had blue eye shadow on my lids and my lips were hot pink, with a swipe of blush on my cheeks. I was their “doll” I guess and I think they wanted me to make a “good impression” on my first day of Kindergarten! LOL!
5. Favorite beauty trend? I have a lot! Highlighter! The more the better! I want to make sure the aliens see “glow” in outer-space.
6. What’s a beauty trend you regret? Thin eyebrows! Geeze, looking back I think we were all taking out our stress on our eyebrows and plucking them to death.
7. When you apply your makeup, do you start with face or eyes first? Why? Love this question. I always start with the canvas, the skin. I need to lock that down first, flawless. I know that some artists do eyes first and then “clean up” around any fall out of eye shadow with base, etc. I cant do that! Drives me crazy. I must do face first then move to eyes, and then lips are last.
8. What’s in your beauty bag?Reach into the purse closest to you, grab your bag, dump it out if you’re feeling ambitious, and tell us what you’ve got! Oh Lordy! I’m scared! Ready! A powder puff for my powder application (that I really need to wash!) sugar free gum, breath spray, Katie B Cosmetics Mineral Baked Powder. Too Faced Born This Way Concealer, Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder, and a Wet Brush (Even though I wont use it while my hair is wet, I love how easy it is on my hair)
9. What’s your favorite high-end makeup brand? Great question! Depends! Natasha Denona for eye shadow. Lancome for Mascara, Tatcha for Primer, Chanel for Perfume, Greek Goddess Lashes for false eyelashes.
10. What’s your favorite drugstore brand? Geeze! A lot! I love Maybelline, Cover Girl, I have worn them all! Actually Wet n Wild has gotten really good! Great prices too.
11. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you stick to a routine? I love to try new products! I feel like your skin can always use a “JOLT” with new products and trying new things that can either work or be a dud! You never know until you try. And companies now are always doing so many give-aways. That’s the fun part.
12. If you could create a makeup or skincare product, what would it be? WOW! Love this fantasy. It would be the VIP Line! For women who dare to push the envelope. Bold colors. Striking lips, lids, cheeks. Power looks for sure. We both remember the 80’s, I think that was the best hair and make up! Bigger the better! Twisted Sister anyone? Heehee! I loved watching Ru Paul and he really was over the top in his hair and make up. I love me a good drama look. Smokey eyes, red lips. 80’s all the way! Of course we would do a “Wedding/Natural Look Division” but it has to be glam in some type of way.
13. You’re known for being a fitness expert, and a wonderful coach! Training women all around the globe on how to be the best version of themselves. What’s your best non-beauty related beauty tip? Confidence, I know that when you rock your confidence, no matter what you are wearing, or what type of make up you have, you have that “it” factor. Not being cocky, or highfalutin, but just a warm spirit that invites others in to also feel genuine in their skin. A smile always works! That little twinkle in your eye of pure joy and happiness. Those are my every day must-do beauty tips to evoke that feeling of being beautiful no matter what!
THANK YOU BROOKE FOR THIS INTERVIEW!
Here are a few more pictures from the conference. It seemed like any time there was a microphone nearby, it was in my hand! I need to host my own entertainment/beauty show!!
Interviewing Jennifer at the World Conference
Again, with a microphone in my hand. Somebody stop me! Or give me permanently… Love it!
I hope you enjoyed Jennifer’s answers as much as I did! Thanks for checking in, and if you would like to be interviewed for my blog, reply to this post and let’s work something out!
As always, You’ve Been Beautified!!
P.S. Looking for something to read? Check out the first 2 books in the Heart & Soul series by yours truly!!!