Here is the product description on Amazon. I copied and pasted from Amazon so you could read the company description in their words. Read below for my thoughts.
💦 24K GOLD: 24k gold molecule is a luxury skin care ingredient highly recommended by the global beauty industry. Eye masks, containing precious 24k active gold ability to expel harmful toxins, promote blood circulation, improve metabolism, alleviate the aging of eye skin, effectively improve fine wrinkles, dry lines and bags, reduce dark circles and edema, prevent the formation of fat particles, and restore bright color to dark skin.
💦 SMALL MOLECULE COLLAGEN: Rich in many kinds of amino acids to supplement essential nutrients to the skin, easy to be absorbed by the skin, effectively improve the ability of skin regeneration, promote the increase of collagen and elastin, thereby maintain skin elasticity and luster.
💦 HYALURONIC ACID: Highly efficient moisturizer which can penetrate the skin, lock in moisture and provide a long-lasting moisturizing effect on the eye area. It also can reduce the production of free radicals, delay skin aging and keep the skin delicate.
💦 VARIETY OF PLANT ESSENCE: Witch Hazel are considered as the most effective natural skin care ingredients. It combines water replenishing, moisturizing, antioxidant and other functions to effectively alleviate various eye skin problems caused by excessive eye use.
💦 JUYOU EYE MASKS: Dedicated to improving your eye skin, soothing your eye skin, conforming to ergonomic C-zone design, and making them ideal eye patches and eventually bring back the beauty to your eyes! If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us. We always pay attention to the customer’s experience!
I didn’t take a before and after picture because I’ve only been using them for about a week, and there hasn’t been a significant difference in that week. Here are my takeaways.
Cooling. They feel very nice on your skin and have that cooling effect that feels good after a long day.
Moisturizing. I definitely felt a difference in the moisture on the skin underneath my eyes.
Slippery. The texture of these gel masks is pretty thin, so they slide out of place and have to be adjusted frequently. Most masks you can sit up and do other things while they work, these work best if you take the time to lay back and relax so they stay put.
Lightly scented. Some masks are overpowering in the way they smell. These are nice and have a light, clean scent.
Good consistency. If you’ve ever used a sheet mask, or a gel mask, you know that the product left behind can be a little sticky. The product left behind with this mask absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel heavy or gooey on your skin.
Overall, I like these and I’ll continue to use them. If you try them, tell me what you think!!
You know how those pesky ads show up all over your computer/phone just because you did a simple search? Yeah, normally I scroll on by, but when I saw an ad for a custom lipstick, I was intrigued… even more so when I clicked on the link and discovered that you can order a sample of this custom lipstick!
Finding Ferdinand is the website where you can create your own magic. I’m very curious about the name. On the “About” section of their website, it’s pretty simple: “We bring your custom beauty creations to life, from lipsticks to palettes, all made-to-order in New York City.” Sweet and to the point, but who are you? How did you come up with this idea? And why the name? Did the creator of this company have a lipstick they were in love with named Ferdinand, and it was discontinued?? (Don’t get me started on that!) Or is Ferdinand the love of your life… man? dog? cat? goldfish??
How does it work? You choose from 4 of their colors to create your own. Now, the choices of colors are not staggering. There are only 25 shades to choose from to mix, but I think that’s good. Too many choices can be overwhelming. Once you’ve decided on your 4 colors, or 3, or 2, if you want, you don’t have to commit to 4, you get to decide how much of each shade will be used. While you’re figuring this out, there will be a swatch right above your chosen colors to show you what your custom lipstick will look like. You get to choose from three different finishes: Creamy, Sheer, or Matte. Then you choose your size. A mini (sample) size is $9.00 Full size is $30.00 and the two together are $33.00. You also get a choice of fragrances. Personally, I like no fragrance, if possible, so I chose classic. Rose, Coconut, Strawberry, Black Cherry, Grape, and for a limited time, Chocolate Cake, are the scents to choose from.
You also get to name your color, which I thought was fun! Here are the colors that I chose, with the percentages of each color. Pretty simple and since I liked what it was showing me, I kept all colors at 100%. And yes, you’ll see that I named my custom lipstick Alexandra, after my leading lady in the Heart & Soul books. (You can buy those here!)
CREAMY / MINI $9 / CLASSIC
COLOR 1: AU NATUREL 100%
COLOR 2: TRUFFLE 100%
COLOR 3: BLACK 100%
COLOR 4: BARELY THERE 100%
COLOR NAME: ALEXANDRA
I had so much fun doing this, I am going to create more colors, and I think I’ll continue to name them after my characters. If you’ve read my books, I think you’ll agree with me that Mona needs a pretty red lipstick named after her!
Overall, this was an excellent experience! Easy to order, and fast shipping. And the quality of the product is amazing! It’s a generous sample size, about the size of your pinky finger, and us beauty mavens know, there’s plenty of product to go after in the base of your lipstick. What about the fragrance? Nice, not overpowering at all.
I’ll be ordering again, but in the meantime, I want to find out more about Finding Ferdinand! If I stumble across any specials or discounts, I’ll let you all know. Highly recommend!
Here are some pictures of the product from the packaging, to the sample size, and a swatch on my arm of how “Alexandra” turned out. Someone suggested a selfie… Brookie doesn’t do selfies, so hopefully the swipe on my arm gives you a good idea.
Pretty red envelope!
I love this color!
Generous size for a sample.
If you order, share your color, I’m anxious to see it!
When I started this blog over 10 years ago, one thing I always wanted to do, but never had the chance, was interview people! I was interested in talking to models, makeup artists, product developers, photographers, and other beauty addicts, much like myself. At the top of my list to interview was Fitness Expert Jennifer Nicole Lee! I’ve been following her career for years, and over the past year, she and I have had a chance to connect and get to know each other. She’s created this amazing VIP group on Facebook that’s full of women from all walks of life. I recently attended her world conference and it was truly amazing! More on that in a future post.
Always, always follow your dreams. I wasn’t sure if Jennifer would be as excited as I was about the possibility of collaborating to do this interview, but she was!
All you have to do is ask! Some of this interview took place over the phone, but most of it was done via email. We’re hoping to team up again in the near future either in person or on a video chat to share with all of you.
This was a lot of fun, coming up with these questions, and even more fun to read her answers! Read on, and enjoy!!
1. You have naturally curly hair. What’s your secret/process to straightening your hair? I know how hard it can be to get it so smooth on that texture. Do you use a certain product, or is there a salon treatment that you get for lasting smoothness? Both! Heehee! I live in Miami, so with this humidity I need all the help I can get. I love Deluge shampoo, conditioner. My faves are the Argon Oil shampoo & conditioner. I am obsessed with their Mask, I use it every wash, even though it’s a mask. Just a touch at the end to seal in all the moisture. I also did a treatment called “The Apple Stem Cell” to make my hair smoother & shinier. Its not a Keratin Brazilian blow out treatment that can harm the hair. It actually is an anti-aging hair treatment to help it be stronger, grow longer and be shinier and more controllable.
2. To clarify, you’re not getting paid to endorse any of these products, but I’d like to know and I think others would like to know, what products you can’t live without. Love this question. One of our VIP sistas Andreea in Austria gifted me with an Hour Glass Highligher palette. I kid you not, I use it every day! On my cheeks and lids. It’s the Ambient Strobe Light Palette. I am also in love with the Natasha Denona Beauty Eye Shadow Palette! The Metropolis Palette is so bold! I also love the Gold Palette, great for brown eyes, as the greens in the palette make your eyes look like hazel. I swear by Katie B Cosmetics for her foundation and her Green Tea Mineral Baked powder. Been wearing those for years! I’m also in love with Tatcha Primer. It’s a little thick, so I blend it with one pump of Lancome La Base, to make it a little more pliable. That combo seals in my face from the humidity here in Miami. Its sweat and humidity proof!
3. Let’s play Survivor. You are going to a remote island and you can only take 3 beauty products with you. What are they? Besides sunscreen, of course. Great question. I love the Deluge Firm My Figure scrub, as it’s a 2 in one: exfoliant for face and body, and also a moisturizer. I would then of course do the Deluge Hair Mask. Not selling or plugging, I really love their products. And gotta look cute, so a super glossy fuchsia lip gloss that screams “tropical paradise”, my fave is Rimmel Stay Glossy 6 Hour Gloss in the color Candy Floss
4. How old were you when you first started wearing makeup? Who taught you to apply it? TRUE STORY! I have two older sisters. My earliest memory of makeup is that my two oldest sisters put makeup on me for my first day at Kindergarten! I remember it clearly! I’m laughing now, but something didn’t feel right when I went to my first day at the big elementary school and all eyes where on me. Couldn’t figure out why I was getting all of the stark stares, but now I know! I had blue eye shadow on my lids and my lips were hot pink, with a swipe of blush on my cheeks. I was their “doll” I guess and I think they wanted me to make a “good impression” on my first day of Kindergarten! LOL!
5. Favorite beauty trend? I have a lot! Highlighter! The more the better! I want to make sure the aliens see “glow” in outer-space.
6. What’s a beauty trend you regret? Thin eyebrows! Geeze, looking back I think we were all taking out our stress on our eyebrows and plucking them to death.
7. When you apply your makeup, do you start with face or eyes first? Why? Love this question. I always start with the canvas, the skin. I need to lock that down first, flawless. I know that some artists do eyes first and then “clean up” around any fall out of eye shadow with base, etc. I cant do that! Drives me crazy. I must do face first then move to eyes, and then lips are last.
8. What’s in your beauty bag?Reach into the purse closest to you, grab your bag, dump it out if you’re feeling ambitious, and tell us what you’ve got! Oh Lordy! I’m scared! Ready! A powder puff for my powder application (that I really need to wash!) sugar free gum, breath spray, Katie B Cosmetics Mineral Baked Powder. Too Faced Born This Way Concealer, Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder, and a Wet Brush (Even though I wont use it while my hair is wet, I love how easy it is on my hair)
9. What’s your favorite high-end makeup brand? Great question! Depends! Natasha Denona for eye shadow. Lancome for Mascara, Tatcha for Primer, Chanel for Perfume, Greek Goddess Lashes for false eyelashes.
10. What’s your favorite drugstore brand? Geeze! A lot! I love Maybelline, Cover Girl, I have worn them all! Actually Wet n Wild has gotten really good! Great prices too.
11. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you stick to a routine? I love to try new products! I feel like your skin can always use a “JOLT” with new products and trying new things that can either work or be a dud! You never know until you try. And companies now are always doing so many give-aways. That’s the fun part.
12. If you could create a makeup or skincare product, what would it be? WOW! Love this fantasy. It would be the VIP Line! For women who dare to push the envelope. Bold colors. Striking lips, lids, cheeks. Power looks for sure. We both remember the 80’s, I think that was the best hair and make up! Bigger the better! Twisted Sister anyone? Heehee! I loved watching Ru Paul and he really was over the top in his hair and make up. I love me a good drama look. Smokey eyes, red lips. 80’s all the way! Of course we would do a “Wedding/Natural Look Division” but it has to be glam in some type of way.
13. You’re known for being a fitness expert, and a wonderful coach! Training women all around the globe on how to be the best version of themselves. What’s your best non-beauty related beauty tip? Confidence, I know that when you rock your confidence, no matter what you are wearing, or what type of make up you have, you have that “it” factor. Not being cocky, or highfalutin, but just a warm spirit that invites others in to also feel genuine in their skin. A smile always works! That little twinkle in your eye of pure joy and happiness. Those are my every day must-do beauty tips to evoke that feeling of being beautiful no matter what!
THANK YOU BROOKE FOR THIS INTERVIEW!
Here are a few more pictures from the conference. It seemed like any time there was a microphone nearby, it was in my hand! I need to host my own entertainment/beauty show!!
Interviewing Jennifer at the World Conference
Again, with a microphone in my hand. Somebody stop me! Or give me permanently… Love it!
I hope you enjoyed Jennifer’s answers as much as I did! Thanks for checking in, and if you would like to be interviewed for my blog, reply to this post and let’s work something out!
As always, You’ve Been Beautified!!
P.S. Looking for something to read? Check out the first 2 books in the Heart & Soul series by yours truly!!!
Every now and then a product comes along that impresses me and I immediately fall in love. This was what happened when I was introduced to Monat. I’m sure some of you have heard about it, some of you may use it and love it, and some of you may be looking at your computer screen with your nose scrunched up saying, “What the heck is it?” In a nutshell, Monat stands for Modern Nature. They are an excellent company with not only premium hair care, but they’ve recently branched out into skin care.
One of the products I was intrigued with right away is called Rejuvabeads, their split end mender. This got me interested because being a hairstylist for over 20 years now, I have been told my whole career that it’s not possible to fix split ends. The only way to get rid of them is to cut them. So, when a product can claim to fix that pesky hair problem, this girl was all about learning how it could be done.
There is a science behind it that is a little tough to explain, but take a minute to read the information in this graphic and you’ll get the gist.
The effects of Rejuvabeads will last you through 2-3 shampoos, but consistent use over time will enhance the results from this product. Check out this quick video on YouTube, it will show you how the product actually binds a split end back together. I was never much of a science lover growing up. It was only when I got into the beauty industry that I realized I have this thirst for knowledge when it comes to how a product works and which ingredients are responsible for certain results. Maybe if my teachers had approached their lessons with beauty products, Brooke would have paid more attention…just saying.
I really love this product. It not only mends split ends, but it also smooths down the cuticle (The outer layer) of your hair and leaves it looking smooth, shiny, and healthy. In case you’re wondering, yes I am a Market Partner with Monat. No, I am not trying to sell you something. If you know me, or if you’re familiar with my blog, you know I have extensive knowledge of all kinds of beauty products. Trust me when I tell you, this is one brand you need to look into. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Or check out my site. If you’re interested in trying Monat…I might have samples. All products are vegan and cruelty-free.
Thanks for stopping by! And as always…You’ve Been Beautified!
A few months ago I wrote a post saying goodbye to BrookeKnowsBeauty. Well, I lied. Even though I’ve been focused on sales for my first book, and getting ready to launch my second book, I realized I love talking about beauty products too much to walk away!
I love discovering new products. At the beginning of the year I joined a private group on Facebook that focuses on health and wellness. It’s been a life-changing experience to be among women who support other women, not just in their weight loss and health goals, but in their business endeavors, as well. Check out the VIP group here.
I was introduced to Deluge Cosmetics by one of the members of that amazing group! If you’ve read past posts, or know me personally, you know I love all kinds of skin care. Scrubs, moisturizers, serums, oh my! The list goes on and on. When I first saw Deluge and read about their coffee body scrub, I was immediately intrigued.
Not only is the packaging cute and original, the product is amazing! The scrub is effective in exfoliating and minimizing the appearance of cellulite, but it’s also gentle enough for your face. Seriously, step in the shower with this product and scrub from head to toe. Your skin will feel renewed and so soft. Plus, you’ll get the closest shave you can imagine when you use on your legs before hair removal.
After the scrub, I used the body butter in the scent featured here. Tropical Paradise. I’ve always been a fan of body butter, but sometimes they’re too thick and leave your skin feeling greasy. Not this one. It’s moisturizing, absorbs quickly, and like the scrub, leaves your skin feeling so soft!
The third product I’ve tried in this line is the Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil with Coffee Beans.
I didn’t buy this for the anti-cellulite properties. I purchased this oil because I heard from someone that it helped their tennis elbow disappear. I deal with this on a regular basis…not because I play tennis, but because I’m at a computer all day and it sometimes causes the tendons in my arm to tighten and it hurts like crazy. The blend of oils in this product have definitely helped with that. Another element I love about this product is, the oil absorbs right away. It doesn’t leave behind a slick, greasy feel on your skin. It smells awesome, too! And there are actual coffee beans floating in the oil!
I hope you check out their site, and if you give their products a try, let me know! I always love feedback!
For all your beauty advice…
It seems like every time you turn around, there’s a new celebrity fragrance to be bought. My first thought is always, “how many new blends of fragrance can there possibly be?” Well, apparently, a lot. Here is my take on a few of them!
I know I’m a little late to the game with the fragrance by Jennifer Aniston (WAY late to this game, I’ll admit), but I finally got to try it! I’m a huge Jennifer Aniston fan…Team Aniston, all the way! I love the pictures, and the packaging of the fragrance, but I was so disappointed with the scent itself. It’s been described as clean and light, but to me it smelled heavy and flowery…WAY too much floral going on here. It didn’t smell “clean” to me. It was overbearing and I just didn’t like it. I tried it on, and hoped that maybe it would smell better after I wore it for a bit, but nope. It smelled just as bad on me as I thought it smelled in the bottle. When I think of Jennifer Aniston, I think of words like warm, elegant, classy, stylish. Sorry Jen; this was grandma in a bottle to me.
Another one I’ve been late trying is Fame by Lady GaGa. It’s unique being that it’s the first fragrance made of a black liquid that turns clear once it evaporates. The bottle is unique, so it gets an A+ for packaging. I really like how it smells in the bottle, and it blended well with my chemistry, so I liked the way it smelled on me. Lady GaGa is very over-the-top with her image, so I expected her fragrance to be odd. Nothing odd about it; it’s really nice!
I’m not a huge fan of buying into celeb scents, there are just too many of them out there, and they’re really just annoying. However, I do have a favorite and it’s Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. I resisted ever trying it, but once I smelled it, I was hooked!
Ok, what do you think about celeb fragrances? Which ones do you love, and which ones can you not stand? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
I’ve been using this cleanser for about 3 months now, and thought I would give you my thoughts.
Dr. Brandt skin care is a well-known skin care line that is known for its quality products, with high performance, without a prescription. Usually that means expensive! The entire “Pores No More” line is pricey, but overall, I think it’s worth it.
This cleanser is designed for combination to oily skin, and since my skin falls into that category, I thought I would give it a try. It’s a really nice consistency with small granules to gently scrub on a daily basis. It’s not heavily scented, and I know that’s important to a lot of you.
It did a great job of keeping my oily skin in check, and over the 3 months I’ve been using it, I’ve noticed a big difference in the texture of my skin, and my pores looking smaller.
It costs $35 for 3.5 ounces, but a look at the website today showed a sale price, so if you are looking to try it, now is the time! Even full price, I don’t think this is too bad for a cleanser, when you think about how long it will last.
But, there is ONE thing I need to warn you about…most products have the disclaimer on them to “keep away from the eye area”. If you try this cleanser, this is something you want to take VERY seriously! Get this product anywhere near your eyes, and you’ll think you’re dying! I’m not kidding! When you’re washing your face, it’s impossible not to get water near your eyes, but I’ve never used a cleanser that has burned my eyes this much. So, if you try it, hold a wash cloth over your eyes while you’re cleansing.
Bottom line: I would buy this again because of what it does for my skin, but the excruciating eye pain would make me think twice before I spend $35 on it!
Have you used this cleanser, or anything by Dr. Brandt? Tell me your thoughts!